30 Sep Considering Vehicle Wraps? These Stats Will Drive Your Decision
If you are considering a vehicle wrap for your Vancouver or Lower Mainland company, you’re not alone. More and more, companies are opting for vehicle advertising for their fleet vehicles, company cars and trucks. Why?
Consider these impressive vehicle wrap statistics from the Outdoor Advertising Association of America (OAAA):
- A vehicle driven only 15,000 miles per year will pass 9,000,000 other vehicles.
- Vehicle wraps give you between 30,000-70,000 “ad impressions” (number of people who potentially see your ad) per day.
- Vehicle graphics increase brand recognition more than other modes of advertising.
This makes sense because other forms of advertising are static and depend on the visitor finding them, whether in print, upon a billboard, or on the radio. Vehicle ads bring your message to the consumer.
- 80% of consumers could recall relevant details about a vehicle wrap after seeing it only once, and 91% of consumers could recall significant detail when the vehicle wrap was seen a few times per week over the course of a daily commute.
- Based on a $3000 budget, vehicle wraps will get about 1.26 million impressions per year, compared to 135,000 for radio, 90,000 for buses, and 105,000 for billboards. If your reaction is “Okay, you had me at ‘million'”, you can see why vehicle wraps and graphics are gaining in popularity amongst savvy business owners.
Still Need a Sound Justification for a Vehicle Wrap Purchase?
If you are not quite convinced, seeing more independent vehicle wrap statistics that are similar to the OAAA study findings may tip the scale. 3M, the largest maker of vehicle wrap and graphics films, conducted an independent, 3-month, San Francisco study on vehicle wrap cost/impression — comparing wrap graphic costs to the cost of traditional forms of advertising. Here’s what they found.
|Advertising Medium||Cost Per Thousand Impressions (CPM)|
|Fleet vehicle wrap graphics||$.48|
If we couple the OAAA impression numbers with 3M’s cost per thousand impressions calculation, it becomes even more obvious why this is an advertising no-brainer for companies that drive frequently in the community they serve. 1,000,000 vehicle wrap impressions will cost you a mere $480. In a magazine, 1,000,000 impressions will cost you $21,460, and you can’t drive your magazine to pick up the kids or haul topsoil. Nuff said. Vehicle wrap stats…we give…you win.
Is this Article Leaving an Impression?
If you are nearly convinced and would like to discuss how Sandbox Signs + Graphics can help you choose the right kind of vehicle wrap or graphic for your business, contact us for a free consultation.